- Feel free to add any link or article that can be related directly back to Irish dance. The wiki is completely open for editing and will remain that way as long as everyone behaves.
- When adding links to other pages please do not simply rip off other link pages. There are a ton of dead links on pages that search engines like Google will return as authoritative sources. Make sure the link works before adding it here.
- If you're new to editing wiki pages, play around in the sandbox. That page is free for editing at will and is also a source of instructions on wiki tags.
- When editing pages please prefer adding information to existing pages whenever possible. If you're adding a completely new category a new page is appropriate. As pages grow we'll break out information into their own pages.
- If you quote information on the web provide a link back to the source. If you quote information off-web make sure you provide full attribution.
- While there are a large number of links here at present, we would prefer to have descriptive articles to accompany the links. An example of this is the Dance Videos and school list on the USA dancing pages where many of the links will take you to wiki pages describing the subject in question. This form is preferable to just a link to someone else's web site (although a link should be included).
- The last guideline is especially important for school directors, producers of books and videos, band members, etc. Take a moment to create a page about your school, product or group and add a link to your page in the appropriate topic. It will give people more to go on than just a link.
- Note that removal of information should be accompanied by a comment in the summary field on the edit page. If it's not clear why the information is being removed, you will likely find the information will be restored by someone else.